SubjectRe: Linus GIT tree disappeared from
On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 03:36:22PM +0200, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 22 2005, Russell King wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 03:14:43PM +0200, Rolf Offermanns wrote:
> > > Maybe I am dreaming, but I could have sworn it has been there yesterday...
> >
> > It seems that hasn't finished updating the mirrors yet -
> > and it seems to be taking hours. Unfortunately, this has left Linus'
> > public git tree in an inconsistent state.
> Actually it's getting closer to days (last I checked it was over half a
> day), which really is a shame as it basically destroys the usability of
> having git repos available there... Lets hope it gets fixed soon.

I think it isn't taking days, based upon the start times of the
processes I saw earlier today and yesterday.

If not already done, maybe the ftp admins would prefer
to be informed about the problem? Reporting the problems with to lkml might only reach folk who use the services, not
those who provide them.

Russell King
Linux kernel 2.6 ARM Linux -
maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core