    SubjectRe: I request inclusion of reiser4 in the mainline kernel
    Horst von Brand wrote:

    >Nikita Danilov <> wrote:
    >It is supposed to go into the kernel, which is not exactly warning-free.
    While I have no passionate feelings about Nikita's ifdef, I must note
    that Reiser4 will always be warning free within 3 days of my finding out
    that somebody left a warning in.;-)

    I hate messy code.;-)

    The rest of the kernel should be fixed to be warning free.

    >Besides, you don't know what idiotic new warnings the gcc people might
    >dream up the next round, so just relying on no warnings is extremely
    I find the above unconvincing.

    Is that what this thread boils down to, that you guys think the compile
    should fail not warn?

    >As was said before: It it is /really/ wrong, arrange for it not to compile
    >or not to link. If it isn't, well... then it wasn't that wrong anyway.

      Last update: 2005-09-20 19:46    [W:0.103 / U:32.416 seconds]