SubjectRe: I request inclusion of reiser4 in the mainline kernel
Horst von Brand wrote:

>Nikita Danilov <> wrote:
>It is supposed to go into the kernel, which is not exactly warning-free.
While I have no passionate feelings about Nikita's ifdef, I must note
that Reiser4 will always be warning free within 3 days of my finding out
that somebody left a warning in.;-)

I hate messy code.;-)

The rest of the kernel should be fixed to be warning free.

>Besides, you don't know what idiotic new warnings the gcc people might
>dream up the next round, so just relying on no warnings is extremely
I find the above unconvincing.

Is that what this thread boils down to, that you guys think the compile
should fail not warn?