SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Cogito-0.15
Dear diary, on Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 01:15:38AM CEST, I got a letter
where Pavel Machek <pavel@suse.cz> told me that...
> Hi!

Hi,

> > this is the release of Cogito-0.15. It fixes several minor bugs, and
> > adds a feature or two. The most important thing though is that this
> > depends on Git-core-0.99.7 and uses the new command names. Everyone is
> > encouraged to upgrade at least to this Cogito version in the next few
> > days, since the older Cogito versions likely won't work with the future
> > Git-core releases.
> >
> > To stay in sync with the Git terminology, Cogito also renames its
> > cg-pull to cg-fetch. Since this is a major naming change (I'm not too
> > happy about it, personally), cg-pull will stay aliased to cg-fetch for
> > at least one (likely two) next major Cogito releases (it also produces a
> > warning when invoked as cg-pull). In the more distant future, cg-pull
> > will slowly become the new name of cg-update, to make it confusing.
>
> Could we keep at least the cg-update name?

yes, I want to retain it. I'm not 100% decided yet whether to actually
use the pull term for anything in Cogito. Previous usage reportedly
confused some, the new usage actually confuses me and apparently some
other people. So I might just avoid the 'pull' term in the future
altogether. Not decided yet, though, and opinions obviously welcomed.

> It is certainly not a *pull* because it does update local repository
> (and tree, too).

AIUI, that's what makes it a pull for *cough* some people. ;-)

--
Petr "Pasky" Baudis
Stuff: http://pasky.or.cz/