SubjectRe: I request inclusion of reiser4 in the mainline kernel
Denis Vlasenko wrote:

>>And yet thousands and thousands of people, businesses, etc, say that
>>the Linux kernel code is miles above all the commercial software out
>>there.

Not the commercial software I have worked with. IBM code, government
procured code, both are much more readable code than Linux Kernel
standards. I am sure there is no shortage of bad IBM code and bad
government code, but my personal experiences were that it was much
better commented. Your statement sounds like something you want to
believe.

That all said, the kernel code is getting better..... if the rest of
the kernel was as well commented as akpm's code I would not be
complaining at all.

  Last update: 2005-09-19 07:04    [W:0.115 / U:0.748 seconds]