    SubjectRe: I request inclusion of reiser4 in the mainline kernel
    Horst von Brand wrote:
    > There are lots of reports of ReiserFS 3
    > filesystems completely destroyed by minor hardware flakiness.

    Honestly, this is one of the things I like about Linux. If I have
    memory errors, Windows will just keep running, occasionally something
    will crash, you restart it, never suspecting just how corrupt things are
    getting under the hood. On Linux, I generally get kernel panics pretty
    quickly, so I run memtest86 and replace the RAM.

    If my hardware is flaky, I consider it my job to replace it, not the job
    of all my software to magically compensate for it. If I lose data, oh
    well, I have backups. If I didn't, I was asking for trouble anyway.

      Last update: 2005-09-18 22:35    [W:0.018 / U:63.192 seconds]