SubjectRe: I request inclusion of reiser4 in the mainline kernel
Horst von Brand wrote:
> There are lots of reports of ReiserFS 3
> filesystems completely destroyed by minor hardware flakiness.

Honestly, this is one of the things I like about Linux. If I have
memory errors, Windows will just keep running, occasionally something
will crash, you restart it, never suspecting just how corrupt things are
getting under the hood. On Linux, I generally get kernel panics pretty
quickly, so I run memtest86 and replace the RAM.

If my hardware is flaky, I consider it my job to replace it, not the job
of all my software to magically compensate for it. If I lose data, oh
well, I have backups. If I didn't, I was asking for trouble anyway.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans