    SubjectRe: Announce: Sysprof 1.0 -- a sampling, systemwide Linux profiler
    On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 12:05:15AM +0200, Soeren Sandmann wrote:

    > details. Oprofile may have improved since then, but when I started
    > sysprof:
    >
    > - oprofile didn't work on anything but smp kernels
    >
    > - oprofile could not produce callgraph information without not only
    > recompiling my kernel, but also patching the kernel
    >
    > - oprofile had a user interface that I simply didn't understand. As I
    > remember it, I had to know about performance counters and how to
    > translate those into binary masks

    This is what you said first time I asked you, none of which explain why
    you're continuing this duplication of effort, since *none* of the above
    are true any more (and the first /never/ was).

    > and you get data presented in a way that is just a whole lot more
    > useful than the flat text files generated by oprofile.

    Building a GUI around OProfile would have been welcome, but you've
    chosen to re-implement the entire stack...

    regards,
    john

      Last update: 2005-09-18 00:22    [W:0.025 / U:0.080 seconds]