    SubjectRe: Automatic Configuration of a Kernel

    --- Emmanuel Fleury <fleury@cs.aau.dk> wrote:

    > Ahmad, as far as I understood, your spirit is more
    > or less to:
    >
    > - Drop automagically all the hardware which is for
    > sure NOT here
    > - Propose to the user to include the hardware which
    > is detected
    > - Leave as default the rest of the choices
    > (i.e. the choices that might be uncertain: fs,
    > protocols, ...)
    >
    > Therefore, "make autoconfig" is a quick first run
    > through the .config
    > with the help of all the scripts stored in
    > scripts/autoconfig/.

    Yes your right about that.
    But I want to tell why I came to this Idea of doing
    that. As I was trying to configurate a Kernel for the
    first time but without any success. Then I thought
    about it, why this cannot be automatically.

    So for the first thought, my spirit of doing this, was
    for those who doesn't know e.g. what the option
    "Enable loadable module support" means and if they
    have to choose that or not. But right now I know that
    it is not possible to do all the things
    automatically(like the filesystem, Protokolls...). And
    that is the reason why I make a Framework, so
    everybody(I mean the experts) can give theire
    suggestion what isthe best way to answering, a optione
    like mention above comes, automatically. So if someone
    wants to use a new kernel didn't end up desperate and
    regrated using Linux(a new Kernel).

    Regards

    Ahmad Reza