SubjectRe: libata sata_sil broken on
> Essentially that is what happened.  Albert's patch simply fixed it
> another way.
> ATA is a bit annoying in that, we try to "know" when an interrupt is
> expected. There is no 100% solution that simply allows us to check for
> pending interrupts, without side effects.
> Thus the explosion when unexpected interrupts are received.

What do you think would be proper fix, this patch from Albert, or maybe
just trapping the interrupts (plus not have the IRQ shared with other
devices?). Also, what keeps Albert's patch from making into mainline, it
just needs more testing or are there any known problems?

> Jeff

Thanks for your support.

  Last update: 2005-09-17 00:15    [W:0.064 / U:4.732 seconds]