SubjectRe: Automatic Configuration of a Kernel
Date
On Thursday 15 September 2005 18:56, Ahmad Reza Cheraghi wrote:

> > How about networking options? It can detect what
> > protocols are needed?
> > Filesystems?
>
> The Network option or the Filesystes are choosen as a
> Standard. So it will be there without checking if they
> needed or not. Because I think Protocols like TCP-IP
> or Filesystems like NTFS or expt2 has to be installed
> on the now days Systems. But if they are any
> suggestion or ideas of detecting those thing. No
> problem just send me rule that does that and I will
> updated easily on the Framework.Thats the benefit of
> this Framework.;-)

Couldn't one pull up info from /etc/fstab for filesystems? And if it was
network mounts, the appropriate configuration file? I wonder how viable that
would be. As far as network protocols, who knows...

Chris White

  Last update: 2005-09-15 21:37    [W:0.077 / U:0.420 seconds]