SubjectRe: adding new lsm hooks
umesh chandak wrote:
> respected sir ,

Hum, you should skip this or my ego will blow up.

> Basically i want to add hooks at mac layer .But for
> time being as a practice i want to add new hooks of
> any type for playing purpose .so can you tell me a
> procedure or appropriate link

Sorry, but I don't see your point here...

You want to be able to restrict the access to a network card on the
basis of the MAC address ?

But, why don't you consider using the socket_create (and more generally,
the socket_* family) in place of adding new hooks ?

The point of a hook is to insert check-points to prevent people to
access features/data on the system. I hardly see the mac layer as a
feature/data by itself as it is part of "can I access network or not ?".

I might as well have missed your point, respected Sir (may I call you
respected Sir ?). :)

Regards
--
Emmanuel Fleury