SubjectRe: "Read my lips: no more merges" - aka Linux 2.6.14-rc1
Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Ok, it's been two weeks (actually, two weeks and one day) since 2.6.13,
> and that means that the merge window is closed. I've released a
> 2.6.14-rc1, and we're now all supposed to help just clean up and fix
> everything, and aim for a really solid 2.6.14 release.
>
> Both the diffstat and the shortlog are so big that I can't post them on
> the kernel mailing list without getting the email killed by the size
> restrictions, so there's not a lot to say.
>
> alpha, arm, x86, x86-64, ppc, ia64, mips, sparc, um.. Pretty much every
> architecture got some updates. And an absolutely _huge_ ACPI diff, largely
> because of some re-indentation.
>
> drm, watchdog, hwmon, i2c, infiniband, input layer, md, dvb, v4l, network,
> pci, pcmcia, scsi, usb and sound driver updates. People may appreciate
> that the most common wireless network drivers got merged - centrino
> support is now in the standard kernel.

Was there some problems with the current version of the ipw2200 driver
(1.0.6) which required using the 1.0.0 version from several years ago?

And is the Centrino "modem" now working? Or just the wireless?

Good to see all this work, but I suspect it will be a long debug cycle
as people shake it out. I will probably build it tonight, try it tomorrow.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)