SubjectRe: [ACPI] Re: 2.6.13-rc3-mm3
Michael Thonke <iogl64nx@gmail.com> wrote:

> Moore, Robert schrieb:
>
> >+ ACPI-0287: *** Error: Region SystemMemory(0) has no handler
> >+ ACPI-0127: *** Error: acpi_load_tables: Could not load namespace:
> >AE_NOT_EXIST
> >+ ACPI-0136: *** Error: acpi_load_tables: Could not load tables:
> >
> >This looks like a nasty case where some executable code in the table is
> >attempting to access a SystemMemory operation region before any OpRegion
> >handlers are initialized.
> >
> >We certainly want to see the output of acpidump to attempt to diagnose
> >and/or reproduce the problem.
> >
> >Bob
> >

> Sorry for double post.
>
> With this mail I hand over the acpidump output with the pmtools
> Andrew pointed me to.
>
> And a dmesg output with CONFIG_KALLSYMS=y.
>

> I attached them in bz2 format, because of the length.
>
> I hope we find the problem.

Michael, I'm assuming that a) this problem remains in those -mm kernels
which include git-acpi.patch and that b) the problems are not present in
2.6.13-rc5 or 2.6.13-rc6, yes?

So I think we have a bug in git-acpi.patch?

If that's all correct then can you please test the next -mm (which will
include git-acpi.patch - the most recent -mm did not) and if the bug's
still there can you raise a bugzilla.kernel.org entry for it?

We seem to have a handful of bug reports against the -mm acpi patch.

Thanks.

  Last update: 2005-08-05 01:00    [W:1.821 / U:25.780 seconds]