    SubjectRe: 2.6.13-rc3-mm3
    On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 07:04 -0700, Christoph Lameter wrote:
    > On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Richard Purdie wrote:
    > > On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 17:19 -0700, Christoph Lameter wrote:
    > > > Could you try the following patch? I think the problem was that higher
    > > > addressses were not mappable via the page fault handler. This patch
    > > > inserts the pmd entry into the pgd as necessary if the pud level is
    > > > folded.
    > >
    > > I tried this patch against 2.6.13-rc4-mm1 and there was no change - X
    > > still hung in memcpy as before and the cmpxchg_fail_flag_update just
    > > increases...
    > Is there some way you can give us more information about the problem?
    > Something that would allow us to determine where the thing is looping?

    I'm at a disadvantage here as the linux mm system is one area I've
    avoided getting too deeply involved with so far. My knowledge is
    therefore limited and I won't know what correct or incorrect behaviour
    would look like.

    We know the the failure case can be identified by the
    cmpxchg_fail_flag_update condition being met. Can you provide me with a
    patch to dump useful debugging information when that occurs?

      Last update: 2005-08-04 16:46    [W:0.020 / U:6.276 seconds]