SubjectRe: State of Linux graphics
On 8/30/05, Daniel Stone <> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 12:03 -0400, Jon Smirl wrote:
> > The article has been reviewed but if it still contains technical
> > errors please let me know. Opinions on the content are also
> > appreciated.
> 'As a whole, the community barely has enough resources to build a
> single server. Splitting these resources over many paths only results in
> piles of half finished projects. I know developers prefer working on
> whatever interests them, but given the resources available to,
> this approach will not yield a new server or even a fully-competitive
> desktop based on the old server in the near term. Maybe it is time for
> to work out a roadmap for all to follow.'
> You lose.

I am not a member of the board or any of it's committees. I have
no control over what path may choose to follow. All I did was
make a proposal. Everyone else is free to make proposals too.
may choose to endorse one or continue business as usual.

Jon Smirl

  Last update: 2005-08-31 06:32    [W:0.119 / U:0.336 seconds]