    SubjectRe: State of Linux graphics
    On 8/30/05, Daniel Stone <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 12:03 -0400, Jon Smirl wrote:
    > > The article has been reviewed but if it still contains technical
    > > errors please let me know. Opinions on the content are also
    > > appreciated.
    > 'As a whole, the community barely has enough resources to build a
    > single server. Splitting these resources over many paths only results in
    > piles of half finished projects. I know developers prefer working on
    > whatever interests them, but given the resources available to,
    > this approach will not yield a new server or even a fully-competitive
    > desktop based on the old server in the near term. Maybe it is time for
    > to work out a roadmap for all to follow.'
    > You lose.

    I am not a member of the board or any of it's committees. I have
    no control over what path may choose to follow. All I did was
    make a proposal. Everyone else is free to make proposals too.
    may choose to endorse one or continue business as usual.

    Jon Smirl

      Last update: 2005-08-31 06:32    [W:0.032 / U:13.624 seconds]