    SubjectRe: [FINAL WARNING] Removal of deprecated serial functions - please update your drivers NOW
    On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 02:00:24PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
    > On Mer, 2005-08-31 at 10:33 +0100, Russell King wrote:
    > > Unfortunately, it appears that some of these drivers do not contain
    > > email addresses for their maintainers, neither are they listed in
    > > the MAINTAINERS file. (mwavedd and serial_txx9).
    >
    > I'll have a quick look at mwave. If I remember rightly it just needs to
    > tell someone that an "ISA" 16450 serial port materialised by magic at
    > the addresses it selected.

    Thanks Alan.

    I think that it shouldn't be too big a problem - maybe just using
    serial8250_register_port() and serial8250_unregister_port() instead
    of register_serial()/unregister_serial(), and changing the structure.

    The key thing is that port.dev should be set appropriately and the
    relevant calls to serial8250_suspend_port/serial8250_resume_port
    be made (or port.dev should be NULL if no power management is
    expected - in which case it may be managed as a generic platform
    port.)

    Also, port.uartclk must be set, and since this is an add-in card,
    it should not be using BASE_BAUD but the clock rate for the UART
    on the card itself. (BASE_BAUD being an architecture defined
    constant has no business being used in connection with add-in
    cards with on-board UART clock generators.)

    I hope the above is useful, thanks.

    --
    Russell King
    maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core