    SubjectRe: What about adding range support for u32 classifier?
    On 8/30/05, zhang yuanyi <> wrote:
    > Hello, everyone!
    > The "range support" may be puzzled, but I don't know how to express my
    > problem exactly because of my poor english.
    > Just take an example, I may need all udp packets received on eth0
    > which source port is greater than 53 going into flow 10:1, and I only
    > wanna to type one tc command like this(In fact, I communicated with
    > kernel directly):
    > tc filter add dev eth0 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 20 \
    > u32 match udp sport gt 53 0xffff \
    > match ip protocol 17 0xff\
    > flowid 10:1
    > But I found I can't, because u32 classifier doesn't support matching
    > multi-value in one key.So I need to add (65535-53) keys to a u32
    > filter to implement this.
    > I intend to solve this problem by modifying u32 filter to match
    > multi-value in one key, but I am worrying the preformance.
    > Can someone give me some suggestions?
    How is this a kernel problem?
    "tc" is a userspace app. I think you'd be better off talking to Alexey
    Kuznetsov (added to Cc), who wrote tc, about this.

    Jesper Juhl <>
    Don't top-post
    Plain text mails only, please

      Last update: 2005-08-30 14:16    [W:0.022 / U:12.184 seconds]