SubjectRe: hotplug problem
Clemens Koller wrote:

> Hi Ben!
>
> bgerard wrote:
>
>> I'm working on an embeded system with linux kernel 2.4.27 and busybox
>> 1.00. Lately I've decided to add hotplug feature to my kernel in
>> order to automaticaly mount usb keys.
>>
>> When I plug the usb key, I can see in the kernel debug that
>> "/sbin/hotplug" is called but my script is not executed. I've tried
>> to replace the hotplug script by a simple one but nothing appeared.
>> Here is my script :
>> #!/bin/sh
>> echo "usb key un/plugged"
>

> I don't know much about hotplugging on 2.4.x and how you might need
> to enable it in /proc... it just works for me on 2.6. with
> CONFIG_HOTPLUG enabled and the latest hotplug-scripts.
>
>> The script is working when I run it myself (./sbin/hotplug )
>>
>> I've also noticed that when kmod try to call modprobe, it's not
>> executed while the debug message says that everything went fine.

Hotplug is well enabled in /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug, I specified in it
the path of /sbin/hotplug and according to the documentation that's all
I need to do to configure hotplug.

> Try newer modutils?

I don't think modutils is responsible for that, I think the kernel can't
call program in the user space and I don't kwnow why

Thank you for your quick answer
Regards
Ben.

> And you might have more luck asking on:
> linux-hotplug-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
> Greets,
>
> Clemens
>
> -
> linux-kernel" in

  Last update: 2005-08-03 11:50    [W:0.035 / U:0.456 seconds]