    SubjectRe: [patch] IBM HDAPS accelerometer driver.

    On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Pavel Machek wrote:

    > Hi!
    > > >
    > > >man mlockall() :-).
    > >
    > > You also must not use any syscall that allocates even temporary memory in
    > > kernel (select, poll, many others ...) or that waits on semaphore that
    > > might be held while allocating memory (i.e. audit and rewrite ide ioctl
    > > path).
    > Kernel module would have exactly same problem.

    It has control of its memory allocations.

    > > And you need extra flags to protect the daemon from being killed at
    > > shutdown or blocked at suspend.
    > Why?

    Because the disk must be unlocked even if the laptop falls down while
    a suspension or shutdown are under way.
    And it should work until the heads are parked anyway.

      Last update: 2005-08-29 10:57    [W:0.020 / U:123.672 seconds]