SubjectRe: 2.6.13-rc6: halt instead of reboot
>> It does not hang, it just powers off like on halt.
>
> Ok. Then at least in part the kernel behavior is either
> intersecting with a BIOS bug, a bad reboot script that calls halt instead,
> or a driver that is scribbling on the wrong register. There is
> nothing in that code path that should remove the power.

With reboot=c, reboot=w and reboot=h it still powers off. With reboot=b
it actually reboots. With 2.6.13-rc2 (the previous good kernel here) it
just works and does a reboot with no special parameters.

I also have lapic nmi_watchdog=1 in boot command line but removing these
does not help either.

So far I only know that rc6+somegit and rc7 power off and rc2 works,
will try som kernels inbetween.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos@linux.ee)