SubjectRe: New maintainer needed for the Linux smb filesystem
OK - good progress on filling the requirement for Windows ME/9x support
which seems to be the most common reason for still needing smbfs based
on various email responses on this thread (if we can get this work
finished up fast, it will avoid some double maintainence).

CIFS (in the cifs.git tree) can now handle not just mounts to Windows ME
(and probably Windows 9x), but readdir and enough of lookup. Finishing
up the remainder should go fast (OpenX instead of NTCreateX is the main
piece left).

Of course finding Windows 95, Windows 98, and OS/2 servers is a little
harder than it sounds...although scripting a subset of the functional
tests that should work should be pretty easy.

I will also put a version of the source that will compile at least as
far back as 2.6.9 up on the project page within a few days.

  Last update: 2005-08-24 05:43    [W:0.029 / U:0.136 seconds]