SubjectRe: Surround via SPDIF with ALSA/emu10k1?
Thomas Zehetbauer wrote:
> Now I can either enable the 'SB Live Analog/Digital Output Jack' switch
> and use the SPDIF connector to my DD5.1 surround system OR mute this
> control and access/unmute the rear/center/LFE channels. Using analog
> cabling is not an option as the DTT2500 has no connector for the
> center/LFE channels.

If the speaker system has no analog input for those channels, then there
is no way to play back content through them unless it is Dolby Digital
encoded. (There's no way to put more than 2-channel audio through SPDIF
unless it's encoded such as by Dolby Digital or DTS.) The sound card is
not capable of doing this, so if the content is not Dolby Digital
already, this would have to be handled by some software.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada