SubjectRe: 2.6.13-rc6: halt instead of reboot
Meelis Roos <mroos@linux.ee> writes:

>> Does reboot=hard (on the kernel command line) change the behaviour?
>
> Will try in the evening.
>
>> Does magic sysrq work after the system hangs?
>
> It does not hang, it just powers off like on halt.

Ok. Then at least in part the kernel behavior is either
intersecting with a BIOS bug, a bad reboot script that calls halt instead,
or a driver that is scribbling on the wrong register. There is
nothing in that code path that should remove the power.

>> Can you narrow it down to a -git snapshot where reboot breaks for
>> you?
>
> Quite hard - it's a production multiuser machine and gateway. Will see what I
> can find.

Ok. Until I have something to go on I don't have a clue where to start.

Eric

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans