    SubjectRe: 2.6.13-rc6: halt instead of reboot
    Meelis Roos <> writes:

    >> Does reboot=hard (on the kernel command line) change the behaviour?
    > Will try in the evening.
    >> Does magic sysrq work after the system hangs?
    > It does not hang, it just powers off like on halt.

    Ok. Then at least in part the kernel behavior is either
    intersecting with a BIOS bug, a bad reboot script that calls halt instead,
    or a driver that is scribbling on the wrong register. There is
    nothing in that code path that should remove the power.

    >> Can you narrow it down to a -git snapshot where reboot breaks for
    >> you?
    > Quite hard - it's a production multiuser machine and gateway. Will see what I
    > can find.

    Ok. Until I have something to go on I don't have a clue where to start.

      Last update: 2005-08-23 00:25    [W:0.020 / U:7.260 seconds]