SubjectRe: Kernel BUG at "fs/exec.c":777
On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 01:49:45AM -0700, Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org> wrote:
> Marc Lehmann <schmorp@schmorp.de> wrote:
> >
> > If wanted, I can probably reproduce
> > that without the nvidia kernel module loaded.
> >

> Yes, please do that, thanks.

Ooops, you are not Alexander Nyberg :) Sorry, to give my previous reply
more context: I had a conversation with Alexander Nyberg who wanted to
debug this problem this weekend, and I gave detailed instructions on how
to reproduce it (which is a bit awkward). I also wrote a script that
doesn't rely on X running, but triggers the bug much less often (in fact,
only twice for me so far), and then it seems only the first time after
reboot (which *could* be caused by the very different timing of the
stat()-threads due to the extra disk access).

Let's see what Alexander found out (if he found time). The problem does
not happen (or is not reproducible) with newer IO::AIO releases, as that
one doesn't start threads in the child after the fork/before the exec.

--
The choice of a