SubjectRe: rc5 seemed to kill a disk that rc4-mm1 likes. Also some X trouble.
Date
Helge Hafting wrote:
>Dave Airlie wrote:
>> I switched back to 2.6.13-rc4-mm1 at this point for another reason,
>> my X display aquired a nasty tendency to go blank for no reason
>> during work,
>> something I could fix by changing resolution baqck and forth. X
>> also tended to get
>> stuck for a minute now and then - a problem I haven't seen since
>> early 2.6.
>>

>> which head the radeon or MGA or both?
>
>The radeon 9200SE-pci gets stuck. The MGA-agp seems to be fine. I have
>compiled
>dri support for both, but I can't use it at the moment. I think that is
>caused by having ubuntu's xorg installed on debian. I needed xorg
>in order to run an xserver that doesn't use any tty - this way I can use
>two keyboards and have two simultaneous users. Debians xorg wasn't ready
>at the moment. The setup is fine with 2.6.13-rc4-mm1 x86-64, no problems
>there.

I have some other issue with a MGA card (don't know exactly which, I have only
access to this on the weekend). With rc5 and rc6 kdm will not start on
bootup, X complains about some unresolved symbols in the X mga driver. If I
log in as user and do startx it works fine, also if I switch back to
2.6.12-rc-something. Something seems to confuse X somehow.

It's a PII-350 with more or less SuSE 9.3. The machine has no net access, so I
can only try to narrow it down to one rc at the weekend.

Eike

  Last update: 2005-08-17 13:27    [W:0.149 / U:7.168 seconds]