SubjectRe: oops in 2.6.13-rc6-git5
Date
On Monday 15 August 2005 08:22, Jesper Juhl wrote:
> Can you reproduce the crash reliably?
> Can you reproduce the crash with a non-tainted kernel?

I've tried several times now to reproduce the oops, but there might have been
another factor that led to the oops, because just booting the kernel and
shutting down does not trigger it. I have tried reproducing all conditions up
to the time that the oops actually occurred and think it might just be my
hardware going flaky - so I have reloaded the module that taints the kernel
(have done this already and having the module loaded when the powerdown
started did not trigger the oops) and am seeing if using it for any period of
time causes the oops to occur. If it does I will try the other driver
available for the modem, although that one also contains proprietary code.
The upside is that it does not make use of any functions marked as deprecated
in any version of the kernel, where the official driver requires me to
re-enable a deprecated function that had been made non-exported by the
kernel.

DRH

[unhandled content-type:application/pgp-keys][unhandled content-type:application/pgp-signature]

  Last update: 2005-08-16 07:47    [W:0.058 / U:0.200 seconds]