    SubjectRe: FYI: device_suspend(...) in kernel_power_off().

    > >> It seems there is an fundamental incompatibility with ACPI power off.
    > >> As best as I can tell the normal case of device_suspend(PMSG_SUSPEND)
    > >> works reasonably well in 2.6.x.
    > >
    > > Powerdown is going to have the same problems as the powerdown at the
    > > end of suspend-to-disk. Can you ask people reporting broken shutdown
    > > to try suspend-to-disk?
    > Everyone I know of who is affected has been copied on this thread.
    > However your request is just nonsense. There is a device_resume in
    > the code before we get to the device_shutdown so there should be no
    > effect at all. Are we looking at the same kernel?

    Sorry, my fault. kernel/power/disk.c:power_down(): it calls
    device_shutdown even in PM_DISK_PLATFORM case. I thought it would do
    device_suspend() to enable drivers doing something more clever.

    So only missing piece of puzzle seems to be making sure disks are
    properly spinned down in device_shutdown... and even that seems to be
    there, not sure why it was broken before.
    if you have sharp zaurus hardware you don't need... you know my address

      Last update: 2005-08-10 15:10    [W:0.020 / U:0.840 seconds]