    Subject[RFC - 0/9] Generic timekeeping subsystem (v. B5)
    All,
    Here's the next rev in my rework of the current timekeeping subsystem.
    No major changes, only some cleanups and further splitting the larger
    patches into smaller ones.

    The goal of this patch set is to provide a simplified and streamlined
    common timekeeping infrastructure that architectures can optionally use
    to avoid duplicating code with other architectures.

    This generic timekeeping subsystem is designed around systems that have
    continuous timesources to insure correctness and avoid interpolation
    errors. Additionally it allows the timekeeping to correctly function
    independently from timer interrupts.

    For systems that do not have a continuous timesource, no changes are
    necessary, the existing tick-based timekeeping still remains. This code
    just avoids needless duplication in the arches that do.

    For another description on the rework, see here:
    http://lwn.net/Articles/120850/ (Many thanks to the LWN team for that
    easy to understand writeup!)

    I'd like to thank the following people who have contributed ideas,
    criticism, testing and code that has helped shape this work:

    George Anzinger, Nish Aravamudan, Max Asbock, Dominik Brodowski, Darren
    Hart, Christoph Lameter, Matt Mackal, Keith Mannthey, Ingo Oeser, Martin
    Schwidefsky, Frank Sorenson, Ulrich Windl, Darrick Wong, Roman Zippel
    and any others whom I've accidentally forgotten.

    thanks
    -john

      Last update: 2005-08-11 04:15    [W:0.047 / U:0.040 seconds]