    SubjectRE: NCQ support NVidia NForce4 (CK804) SATAII
    > Erm, why they are not willing to support NCQ under Linux...I
    > mean many
    > people using NVIDIA based mainboards. And that against that what I
    > thought NVidia stands for - Linux friendly but seems only that this
    > statement fit on graficcards? Is there no "responsible" person that
    > says...Hello, Linux is a growing market that we need to
    > serve? With full
    > driver/program support?

    Likely the only way nForce4 NCQ support could be added under Linux would
    be with a closed source binary driver, and no one really wants that,
    especially for storage / boot volume. We decided it wasn't worth the
    headache of a binary driver for this one feature. Future nForce
    chipsets will have a redesigned SATA controller where we can be more
    open about documenting it.

      Last update: 2005-08-10 22:56    [W:0.019 / U:11.552 seconds]