    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Interbench 0.27
    Con Kolivas wrote:
    > Interbench is a benchmark application is designed to benchmark interactivity
    > in Linux.
    >
    > Direct download link:
    > http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/interbench/interbench-0.27.tar.bz2
    >
    > Web page:
    > http://interbench.kolivas.org
    >
    > Changes:
    > Standard deviation and average latency calculation was corrected. Gaming
    > standard deviation was implemented.

    As you may or may not remember I have a response benchmark, which does
    different things... And one of the things I found is that when trying to
    determine if a tuning was "better" was to look at the 90 and/or 95
    percentile value. The max, average, and SD give you information which
    may be hard to really understand, but the "mostly better than X" times
    are pretty easy to understand.

    I finally wound up using a dynamic percentile thing of my own creation,
    but there's no supporting theory, I just looked with response curve
    shapes and found a way to get numbers useful to me.

    So you might find the percentile values pull additional information out
    of your data points, particularly for noisy results.

    --
    -bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)