    SubjectRe: revert yenta free_irq on suspend

    > > You said earlier we only should fix drivers that need fixing, but they
    > > all need fixing
    > I think you're still talking from a theoretical standpoing, while all my
    > arguments are practical.
    > In _practice_, I hope that
    > (a) we don't see that very much (ie the people for whom things work
    > already are a strong argument that this is less of a problem in
    > practice than people try to make it appear)
    > (b) drivers, _especially_ on notebooks, are already able to handle an
    > incoming interrupt with the device in D3 state and returning 0xff
    > for all reads.
    > In particular, this is exactly the same thing that you get on a
    > surprise device removal too.

    Not all devices that we want power-managed are hot-pluggable, even on
    notebooks. If I need to go all over the tree fixing drivers, I'd much
    rather add free_irq/request_irq than mess with interrupt routines on
    hardware I don't have...
    if you have sharp zaurus hardware you don't need... you know my address

      Last update: 2005-08-01 09:20    [W:0.019 / U:24.560 seconds]