SubjectRe: [Hdaps-devel] Re: IBM HDAPS, I need a tip.

>>Thanks to development of the driver from some nice guys, we are able to
>>get data from the accelerometer. There is one problem. How do we
>>calibrate the values that are outputed from the userspace? All PC's get
>>a different value, and we can't really find the best solution. What is
>>the scientific and smartest way to do this?

I'm not convinced we need to get so hung up on the calibration. Sure,
each laptop has somewhat different resting values - but surely what
we're looking for is any rate of change in either the X or Y values
thats over a predefined 'safe' threshold? (I would imagine that we're
only going to find that safe threshold from some imaginative testing
once we've got the head parking sorted....)

Just my 2p worth,
Jon.