    SubjectDeveloping a filesystem

    As I anounced a couple of weeks ago, I'm studying how to build a new
    filesystem. I have taken a look at the ramfs and also read some
    documentation about.

    Now I'm writing my own dummyfs (based on ramfs) to know how this
    works, but I'm having problems compiling it; I need to include the
    "linux/fs.h" header file to have access to some structures definitions
    (such as struct file_system_type), but this is giving me some errors.
    So I think that I have to integrate my code with the kernel sources to
    make it compile.

    Therefore, my question is, is there any way to check wheter my code
    compiles or not without having to integrate it with the kernel code?
    If not, is there any tutorial to learn how to integrate a filesystem
    into the Linux kernel code?

    Thanks you,

      Last update: 2005-07-08 12:19    [W:0.020 / U:67.016 seconds]