SubjectRe: IBM HDAPS things are looking up (was: Re: [Hdaps-devel] Re: [ltp] IBM HDAPS Someone interested? (Accelerometer))
Jens Axboe wrote:

>On Thu, Jul 07 2005, Shawn Starr wrote:
>

>>Model: HTS548080M9AT00 (Hitachi)
>>Laptop: T42.
>>
>>segfault:/home/spstarr# ./a /dev/hda
>>head parked
>>
>>Seems to park, heard it click :)
>>

>Note on that - if the util says it parked, you can be very sure that it
>actually did as the drive actually returns that status outside of just
>completing the command.

It's worth noting that you'll need the libata passthrough patch to make
this work on a T43..

However, with this patch I'm getting the "head not parked 4c" message,
but I can hear the click from the drive.. It takes around 350-400ms for
the command to execute, but when repeated, it drops to around 5ms for a
short while (with no audible clicking), before reverting to original
behaviour after a few seconds.

The clicking and the variation in execution time lead me to think it is
parking, but not being reported correctly?

Regards,
Jon,