SubjectRe: Realtime Preemption, 2.6.12, Beginners Guide?
Date
On Wednesday 06 Jul 2005 17:28, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Alistair John Strachan <s0348365@sms.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> > >
> > > you should keep an eye on compile-time warnings, but otherwise, most of
> > > the API deviations should be runtime detected and should be reported in
> > > one way or another (if you have all debugging options enabled).
> >
> > I now no longer suspect the ipw2200 module. It locks up within 5
> > minutes, reliably, with or without network load. I seem to always have
> > to promote a large redraw in X11 before it occurs, but this is just
> > hand waving, I don't really have any evidence.
>
> just to make sure: you dont have debug_direct_keyboard when using the
> console keyboard and mouse, correct? Sometimes i forget to turn it off
> and i get a crash in the keyboard or mouse irq after some time. Under X
> that often looks like a silent hard lockup.

Nope, this effect is independent of any attempt to debug the hardlock. I've
not played with debug_direct_keyboard at all before it happens.

--
Cheers,
Alistair.

personal: alistair()devzero!co!uk
university: s0348365()sms!ed!ac!uk
student: CS/CSim Undergraduate
contact: 1F2 55 South Clerk Street,
Edinburgh. EH8 9PP.

  Last update: 2005-07-07 03:58    [W:0.076 / U:0.116 seconds]