SubjectRe: isa0060/serio0 problems -WAS- Re: Asus MB and 2.6.12 Problems
Date
> >After downloading and compiling the latest version 2.6.12, my
> >keyboard becomes unresponsive and dead following the boot process.

FWIW I have similar problem with Toshiba Portege 4000. Every second reboot
keyboard is not there. It is really not there - i.e. I cannot even enter BIOS
setup or boot menu.

This is not limited to Linux - I had exactly the same problem when WinXP was
on this system.

As in other cases, disabling ACPI helps in this particular case but as this
system does not have APM it is not a real option.

While I am not very bothered by this problem (I just took habit to switch
system off instead of reboot - it takes exactly the same amount of time
because reboot seems to *do* switch off and then on) I am open to any
suggestion how to debug the issue,

Adding i8042.nomux did not help BTW.

-andrey

  Last update: 2005-07-30 10:37    [W:0.655 / U:0.052 seconds]