SubjectRe: 2.6.13-rc3-mm3
On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, Andrew Morton wrote:

> I remain fairly dubious about this - it seems a fairly specific and
> complex piece of work to speed up one extremely specific part of one type of
> computer's one type of workload. Surely there's a better way :(

The patches provide the basis for more work on this issue. But we need to
start somewhere. The specific issue addresses in the initial patchset is
becoming a common case for multi-core applications.

> The patches at present spit warnings or don't compile on lots of
> architectures. x86, x86_64, ppc64 and ia64 are OK.

I have just sent a fix to you this morning when I got your messages.
Sadly I do not have access to the architectures that failed (arm, alpha
and ppc32) but the fix simply removes code that is not used for these
arches.

  Last update: 2005-07-28 21:35    [W:0.339 / U:7.984 seconds]