SubjectRe: ANNOUNCE: Driver for Rocky 4782E WDT and pls help
Alan Cox wrote:

>There are not, but I've seen various boxes behave the way you describe
>with IDE DMA enabled as IDE DMA uses a lot of the PCI bandwidth. Usually
>it indicates a hardware bug and as far as ICH errata are concerned I
>know of none relevant. You can check however as Intel put most chipset
>errata docs on their website.

Thank you for your help.
Now I temporarily put the box back to the fields with IDE-DMA disabled.

Thought I rememeber IDE busmastering prefers very long bursts in contrast to
my very short but high-rate bursts. This can lead it into trouble...
Anyway, I'm going after and report back if I found something.

Best regards,

Gyuri

  Last update: 2005-07-19 12:32    [W:0.027 / U:0.392 seconds]