    SubjectRe: Merging relayfs?

    Roman Zippel wrote:
    > The point is to design a simple and flexible relayfs layer, which means
    > not every possible function has to be done in the relayfs layer, as long
    > it's flexible enough to build additional functionality on top of it (for
    > which it can again provide some library functions).

    I guess I just don't get the point here. Why cut something away if many
    users will need it. If it's that popular that you're ready to provide a
    library function to do it, then why not just leave it to boot? One of the
    goals of relayfs is to avoid code duplication with regards to buffering
    in general.

    Karim
    --
    Author, Speaker, Developer, Consultant
    Pushing Embedded and Real-Time Linux Systems Beyond the Limits