    SubjectRe: RFC: Hugepage COW
    On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 07:00:11PM -0700, Christoph Lameter wrote:
    > On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, David Gibson wrote:
    >
    > > Well, the COW patch implements a fault handler, obviously. What
    > > specifically where you thinking about?
    >
    > About a fault handler of course and about surrounding scalability issues.
    > I worked on some hugepage related patches last fall. Have you had a look
    > at the work of Ken, Ray and me on the subject?

    I'm still not at all sure what you're getting at. Do you mean the
    demand-allocation patches which were floating around at some point - I
    gather they're important for doing sensible NUMA allocation of
    hugepages. They have a small overlap with the COW code, in the fault
    handler, but not much.

    --
    David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code
    david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_
    http://www.ozlabs.org/people/dgibson