    SubjectRe: [discuss] Re: NUMA support for dual core Opteron
    [closed mailing list dropped. Sorry I have no plans to argue with
    your mailbots]

    On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 01:00:01PM -0600, Ronald G. Minnich wrote:
    > if there is any chance of getting along without ACPI entries that is best.
    > Linux did do this once already, for SMP K8: K8 can boot and run NUMA
    > without an SRAT table. What more is needed for dual core, and could Linux
    > support in this area be extended?

    The dual core NUMA parsing problem could be probably fixed. I personally
    have no plans to work on it though, since the ACPI method works fine.

    Feel free to submit patches.

    However with 90+W CPUs I would strongly recommend having support
    for PowerNow! and the old style PST table doesn't support
    dual core or SMP, so you need ACPI for that anyways.

    -Andi

      Last update: 2005-07-14 21:20    [W:0.026 / U:3.128 seconds]