SubjectRe: [discuss] Re: NUMA support for dual core Opteron
[closed mailing list dropped. Sorry I have no plans to argue with
your mailbots]

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 01:00:01PM -0600, Ronald G. Minnich wrote:
> if there is any chance of getting along without ACPI entries that is best.
> Linux did do this once already, for SMP K8: K8 can boot and run NUMA
> without an SRAT table. What more is needed for dual core, and could Linux
> support in this area be extended?

The dual core NUMA parsing problem could be probably fixed. I personally
have no plans to work on it though, since the ACPI method works fine.

Feel free to submit patches.

However with 90+W CPUs I would strongly recommend having support
for PowerNow! and the old style PST table doesn't support
dual core or SMP, so you need ACPI for that anyways.