SubjectRe: fdisk: What do plus signs after "Blocks" mean?
    Hi Konstantin :)

* Konstantin Kudin <konstantin_kudin@yahoo.com> dixit:
> Can anyone enlighten me what the pluses mean?

It is commented in the README.fdisk file in util-linux
distribution: the '+' flag means that the partition has an odd number
of sectors. That means that you can waste a sector at the end of the
partition, and it's very common for the first partition in the disk
if it ends on a cylinder boundary and cylinders have an even number
of sectors, due to the MBR.

Harmless.

> Also, if a partition loses pluses after "Blocks", would that
> destroy a RAID array?

I don't have any idea :? To reproduce a '+' in a partition, you
probably have to specify partition size in sectors (or kilobytes,
whatever fits you better) and make it odd, honoring exactly the
number of sectors that partition had (before the parttable was
destroyed by our dear friend XP).

It's a good idea to have a copy of the partition table around, if
it is not simple (the one you had is NOT simple).

Hope that helps.

Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

It's my PC and I'll cry if I want to...