Subjectipw2100: firmware problem
Hi!

I'm fighting with firmware problem: if ipw2100 is compiled into
kernel, it is loaded while kernel boots and firmware loader is not yet
available. That leads to uninitialized (=> useless) adapter.

What's the prefered way to solve this one? Only load firmware when
user does ifconfig eth1 up? [It is wifi, it looks like it would be
better to start firmware sooner so that it can associate to the
AP...].

Last initcall available in kernel is late_initcall; that's not late
enough for me. Is adding one more initcall that is started when
userland is available a solution?
Pavel

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans