SubjectRe: cpufreq/speedstep won't work on Sony Vaio PCG-F807K
Dominik Brodowski schrieb:

>>If I enable speedstep in bios and force it, Linux reports 133MHz or
>>alike as CPU speed,which seems to be a more realistic lower limit, as I don't
>>think going to 500MHz will save me much.
>

> However, the CPU only supports 500 MHz or 600 MHz. Possibly, the other
> effect you're seeing is from CPU frequency throttling which is (mostly)
> useless.

Ok, I did some more experiments and it seems you are right. Then it seems
Linux miscalculates the MHz if I select Auto in the BIOS. (I need to use acpi
pm timer then, otherwise I get lost ticks with tsc.) It is *not* throtteling
which results in this, as I can still throttle down via acpi by hand and then
the laptop feels very sluggish (same if Linux reports 133 or 500MHz). So I
wonder a bit how this comes, but well...

Thanx anyway,

Prakash

  Last update: 2005-06-06 14:51    [W:0.034 / U:2.196 seconds]