    SubjectRe: [SATA] libata-dev queue updated

    Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com> writes:

    > On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 03:15:24PM -0400, Greg Stark wrote:
    > > So my question is, if I did tackle this riddle trail and figured out how to
    > > fetch the passthru branch against 2.6.12, what would it buy me? Would SMART
    > > just start working? Or would it just confuse the SMART tools until they're
    > > updated? Or would it just crash my machine?
    >
    > SMART should just start working. It adds the ioctls that existing smartd
    > and hdparm already know about.

    So, uh, where do I get git? Where is your "git repository" and Linus' "git
    repository" and how do I set that up?

    Or, at least, where do I find all this info?

    I take it it's not this:

    Package: git
    Section: utils
    Installed-Size: 919
    Maintainer: Ian Beckwith <ianb@nessie.mcc.ac.uk>
    Architecture: i386
    Version: 4.3.20-7
    Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4), libncurses5 (>= 5.4-1), libreadline4 (>= 4.3-1)
    Filename: pool/main/g/git/git_4.3.20-7_i386.deb
    Size: 261822
    MD5sum: a708688e17259ed1e99d2828e1acb3f6
    git (GNU Interactive Tools) is a set of interactive text-mode tools,
    closely integrated with the shell. It contains an extensible file
    system browser, an ascii/hex file viewer, a process viewer/killer and
    some other related utilities and shell scripts. It can be used to
    increase the speed and efficiency of most of the daily tasks such as
    copying and moving files and directories, invoking editors,
    compressing and uncompressing files, creating and expanding archives,
    compiling programs, sending mail, etc. It looks nice, has colors (if
    the standard ANSI color sequences are supported) and is user-friendly.
    .
    One of the main advantages of Git is its flexibility. It is not
    limited to a given set of commands. The configuration file can be
    easily enhanced, allowing the user to add new commands or file
    operations, depending on its needs or preferences.

    --
    greg