SubjectRe: Problems with Firewire and -mm kernels
On Jun 28 2005, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 03:12:45AM -0300, Rog?rio Brito wrote:
> > Is there any other information that I can provide you with that would help
> > track this?
> Diff git2's ieee1394 directory and the SVN repo from if you
> could.

Ok, I see that this is getting to be really important now, because I think
that Andrew forwarded some patches to Linus and now the Firewire enclosure
doesn't seem to work with 2.6.13-rc1 anymore (it works perfectly with
vanilla kernel 2.6.12).

The behaviour that I get with 2.6.13-rc1 is the same one that I got with
2.6.12-mm1 or 2.6.12-mm2. :-(

Oh, BTW, I just checked this with another drive, an iPod (2nd Generation)
and its partition table is also not read (like what happens with the drive
in the Firewire enclosure).

So, I guess that this is another data point that may be useful.

Thank you very much for your help, Rogério.

Rogério Brito : :
Homepage of the algorithms package :
Homepage on freshmeat: