    SubjectRe: FUSE merging?
    Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org> wrote:

    > However, a few things:
    >
    > - is there anything in the current implementation of the permission stuff
    > which might tie our hands if it is later reimplemented? IOW: does the
    > current FUSE user interface in any way lock us into the current FUSE
    > implementation (fuse_allow_task())?
    >
    > - the fuse mount options don't seem to be documented
    >
    > - aren't we going to remove the nfs semi-server feature?
    >
    > - Frank points out that a user can send a sigstop to his own setuid(0)
    > task and he intimates that this could cause DoS problems with FUSE. More
    > details needed please?
    >
    > - I don't recall seeing an exhaustive investigation of how an
    > unprivileged user could use a FUSE mount to implement DoS attacks against
    > other users or against root.

    You say

    "If a sysadmin trusts the users enough, or can ensure through other
    measures, that system processes will never enter non-privileged mounts,
    it can relax the last limitation with a "user_allow_other" config
    option. If this config option is set, the mounting user can add the
    "allow_other" mount option which disables the check for other users'
    processes."

    What config option, where?

      Last update: 2005-06-30 23:43    [W:0.023 / U:0.120 seconds]