SubjectRe: [RFC/PATCH] Kdump: Disabling PCI interrupts in capture kernel
On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Vivek Goyal wrote:

> In previous conversations, Alan Stern had raised the issue of console also
> not working if interrupts are disabled on all the devices. I am not sure
> but this should be working at least for serial consoles and vga text consoles.
> May be sufficient to capture the dump.

This isn't an issue for x86. It affects other architectures, in which the
system console is managed during the early stages of booting by the
platform firmware. I suppose serial consoles would always work.

Alan Stern

  Last update: 2005-06-03 17:29    [W:0.098 / U:0.440 seconds]