SubjectRe: [OT] mailing list management
Keith Owens napisał(a):
> On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 11:49:08 +0100,
> Paulo Marques <pmarques@grupopie.com> wrote:
>>The thing is, this list has a lot of traffic (as you might have noticed
>>:), and sometimes people don't have time to go through all the emails,
>>and just take special attention at mails directed at them personally.
>

> "There is always more than one way to do things".

Yes I like perl.

> ~/.procmailrc
[...]
That is why i suggested seting R-T as

Then one replies

To: Real Name <linux-kernel@...>

and it is even easier to find personal (that is how fidonet echos work
what mailing lists and usenet groups lack). For unsubscribers there is
Cc header and a rule that *we* shoud use "reply all" operation rather
than "reply".

1. No duplicate messages running through the net. [1]
2. Personal messages are easy distinguishible.
3. Unsubscribers can receive answers.

And what if R-T is completly removed from e-mails sent to the subscirbers?

[1] If you send a CCed message *you* send it several times to the server
and it is *your* connection which gets overloaded first.

Best regards.
--
Było mi bardzo miło. Trzecia pospolita klęska, [...]
>Łukasz< Już nie katolicka lecz złodziejska. (c)PP

  Last update: 2005-06-03 14:07    [W:0.991 / U:0.200 seconds]