    SubjectRe: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.12-rc6-V0.7.48-00

    * William Weston <> wrote:

    > I still haven't been able to get any NMI watchdog traces with the
    > lockups induced by VLC and burnP6. Early printk is enabled on the
    > serial console. I have noticed, however, that scheduling performance
    > slowly degrades during the ~1 minute before locking up. Once I was
    > able to get a delayed SysRq response (~30s) from the serial console
    > after the X console became unresponsive. Is this possibly a scheduler
    > starvation issue that affects everything, including the NMI watchdog?
    > Any more suggestions for catching a trace?

    hm. Nothing should starve the NMI watchdog. Only a nasty, complete
    kernel crash or a hardware failure can lock up the box in a way that not
    even the NMI watchdog can get some message out to the console. Just in
    case, could you try the latest patch (-50-24 or later), there were a
    couple of bugs fixed.

      Last update: 2005-06-27 10:21    [W:0.020 / U:13.644 seconds]