    SubjectRe: [ckrm-tech] [patch 25/38] CKRM e18: Add fork rate control to the numtasks controller
    Date

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:07:50 +0900, Naoaki Maeda wrote:
    > Gerrit Huizenga wrote:
    >
    > > +As with any other resource under the CKRM framework, numtasks also assigns
    > > +all the resources to the detault class(/rcfs/taskclass). Since , the number
    > > +of tasks in a system is not limited, this resource controller provides a
    > > +way to set the total number of tasks available in the system through the config
    > > +file. By default this value is 128k(131072). In other words, if not changed,
    > > +the total number of tasks allowed in a system is 131072.
    > > +
    > > +The config variable that affect this is sys_total_tasks.
    >
    > Because there are people who do not want to use the numtask controller,
    > no limit is a preferable default value for sys_total_tasks.

    Hello, Maeda-san, I would be fine with accepting such a patch. Would
    you care to generate a patch and post it? I will include it in the
    next release of CKRM.

    > > +Usage
    > > +-----
    > > +
    > > +For brevity, unless otherwise specified all the following commands are
    > > +executed in the default class (/rcfs/taskclass).
    > > +
    > > +As explained above the config file shows sys_total_tasks and forkrate
    > > +info.
    > > +
    > > + # cd /rcfs/taskclass
    > > + # cat config
    > > + res=numtasks,sys_total_tasks=131072,forkrate=1000000,forkrate_interval=3600
    > > +
    > > +By default, the sys_total_tasks is set to 131072(128k), and forkrate is set
    > > +to 1 million and forkrate_interval is set to 3600 seconds. Which means the
    > > +total number of tasks in a system is limited to 131072 and the forks are
    > > +limited to 1 million per hour.
    >
    > From the same point of view, the default value of forkrate should be
    > no limit. (In addition, 1 million tasks per hour is not an abnormally
    > high rate.)

    Again, I agree with this. A patch for this as well would be welcome.

    thanks for your review!

    gerrit

      Last update: 2005-06-27 20:13    [W:0.040 / U:0.044 seconds]